Lloyd Marcus fondly recalls a familiar scene from his youth. His father, a hard-working pastor, firefighter, and father of five, would on occasion drive him to a posh neighborhood and point to large homes with stately grounds. “If you get a good education and work hard,” he would say, “this could be yours.”
Decades later, it is clear that the author, singer/songwriter, and prominent Black Conservative leader has adopted his father’s work ethic. Now he is working tirelessly to warn Black Americans and anyone else who’ll listen about the eminent threat to that America.
One particular person of interest has been his 84-year-old father, and the moment Marcus had been hoping for came last week. Marcus mentioned something to his father about the Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.
“Why haven’t I heard about what Christians were doing in support of Chick-fil-A?” his father wanted to know.
“I told Dad the reason is because the mainstream media, where he gets his news, is in the pocket of the socialists/progressives who embrace same-sex marriage. The mainstream media (CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC) gave the phenomenon minimal coverage.
Dad was surprised to learn that all who oppose same-sex marriage are branded bigots and haters by his beloved Democratic Party and the mainstream media. Dad said he does not hate or judge anyone. However, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong. He must stand on the Word of God.”
Marcus and his Dad talked for over an hour. Marcus explained how “the mainstream media spins the truth and, in many cases, lies to support its socialist/progressive, anti-Christian, anti-God agenda.” His God-fearing father, who has been a member of the Democratic Party since his youth, was surprised to learn that the Democrat Party was planning to adopt a redefinition of marriage as part of its platform, that the much-vaunted “War on Women” was a political ruse distracting public attention from the PPACA (ObamaCare) requirement that Christian institutions fund contraception and abortion services against their will.
“Patriots,” Marcus said, “my excitement was overwhelming. For years I have been waiting for the correct moment and approach to ‘respectfully’ tell Dad that his blind loyalty to Obama and the Democrats contradicts everything he has stood for and taught me. The moment was miraculously here. Dad was on the phone, asking questions and listening.”
Marcus’s summation of the conversation?
“Dad was shocked.”
African America Awake, Alert, and Active
He was also, now, wide awake and fully alert about the designs of the Democrat Party. How many more of his kinsmen are undergoing the same awakening is yet to be seen.
Will the 2012 election season prove to be a watershed moment for Conservatism in America? Here are a few more of the growing number of Black Conservatives challenging Black loyalty to a Democrat Party that no longer exists:
- C. L. Bryant, former pastor, former NAACP chapter president, and maker of Runaway Slave. If you have not seen this superb film, run – don’t walk – to locate the nearest theater showing. If there isn’t one nearby, buy the dvd. You won’t regret it.
- Janks Morton. Janks identifies himself as a “right-of-center Jeffersonian libertarian.” His first film, What Black Men Think, was named Best African American Documentary of 2007. His newest one, Hoodwinked, premiers September 6th in Washington, DC.
- Kevin Jackson, founder and head of The Black Sphere and author of The Big Black Lie and Sexy Brilliance … and Other Political Lies. Kevin is laugh-out-loud funny.
- Afonzo Rachel, host of ZoNation video commentaries. Like Kevin Jackson, Zo is highly entertaining with a characteristic Black kind of flair.
- K Carl Smith, Black history expert, founder of the ConservativeMESSENGER and a Frederick Douglass Republicans (FDR).
And the list goes on: Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, Herman Cain, Larry Elder, and former welfare queen, Star Parker. Are they sellouts, as loyalist Democrats would have you believe? Or are they the vanguard of a new breed of color-blind Patriots, working to conserve those foundational underpinnings that made America great in the first place?
I know what I think. I invite you to give them a fair hearing, and see for yourself. You can start with all the links I have provided for you in this post.